I am still taking part in Orgjunkie.com’s Menu Plan Monday. I didn’t get my menu posted last week but I DID stick with the menu planning and grocery shopping and am proud to say we stuck with it and got through the week without any major problems or switches.
It’s been a tough couple of weeks with ridiculous and repetitive car repairs (have I mentioned that my car is possessed?) and alot of staying at home time, but we’ve made the best of it and I’m nearly resolved to the fact that summer is over and it’s time for the boys to get back to school. I know we’ll get into the swing of things quickly but somehow that just makes it worse.
I will be asking your help in the next week or two on great lunch packing ideas, I’ll have 3 lunches to pack this year with Littlest heading off to kindergarten, so I need some new ideas to mix it up! For now I have this week’s menu plan for your perusal……
- Monday-Homemade vegetable soup and grilled panini sandwiches (thinking of trying out pizza paninis!)
- Tuesday-Grilled hamburgers, twice baked potatoes, fresh corn on the cob and green beans
- Wednesday-First Day Of School!!! We’re taking the boys to their favorite pizza place to celebrate
- Thursday-Homemade Cincy style chili coneys with fries and salad
- Friday-Veggie lo mein, salad
- Saturday-clean out the fridge, leftovers, sandwiches
- Sunday-crock pot pork roast, mashed potatoes, green beans, salad, dinner rolls
I’ll also be making this lovely for first day of school breakfast. Yum!
So there you have it folks…another week of food to get us through the first week of the new school year. Today and tomorrow I will be frantically making sure I have purchased enough underwear and socks and glue sticks and composition books to get us started and then frantically cleaning house so that on Wednesday I can have breakfast with my BFF and revel in the first day without children. Then try to convince myself it’s a good thing to have child free time instead of pool time or park time or lazy lay-on-the-couch-in-our-pajamas time.
I do not hold out much hope that I will be able to convince myself school is better than summer, but hopefully I’ll find something to entertain myself….you know, soap operas and bon-bons….